JONNA ROTTELU (JOWAR ROTI) - జొన్న రొట్టెలు
- Jonna pindi (Jowar flour) - 2 cups
- Water - 1 1/2 cup
- Salt - As required to taste
- Boil water in a pan.
- Add salt as needed.
- When water starts boiling add jowar flour slowly by mixing it with a spoon so that there are no lumps formed.
- Off the heat and remove pan from stove.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- Let it cool down for few minutes.
- When it becomes cool and safe to handle the dough.
- Knead with hand and make balls of lemon sized.
- Take an aluminium foil or a plastic sheet spread little bit of dry jowar flour and take the knead and press it into a circular disc.
- You can also use puri press.
- On an heated griddle transfer this pressed dough on it and let it cook for few seconds.
- Apply little bit of water on top and flip and cook the underside jowar disc. (You can also use oil for this purpose like applying oil on aluminium or plastic sheet and then press the knead and while cooking disc on heated griddle also you can apply oil instead of water).
- Remove when the roti is cooked and serve hot with any curries.